Avatar Aang, the last air bender, is back. Dark Horse has announced two new comic books sets as an addition to the Avatar: The Last Airbender lore. The two comic book sets are coming out this fall.Entertainment Weekly reported that one of the two graphic novels, that is titled Avatar: The Last Airbender Imbalance Part One, is going to be the first part of a new trilogy that will be following the main story of Avatar Aang.
In this story, we return to Avatar Aang and his friends Katara, Sokka of the water tribe and Toph of Ba Sing Se of the Earth Kingdom, and we find them caught up in a deadly conflict between the benders and the non benders.
Avatar: The Last Airbender Imbalance Part One is written by Faith Erin Hicks (The Nameless City) and comic art is done by Peter Wartman. Faith Erin Hicks and Peter Wartman, both are working in collaboration with the Avatar series co-creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko on these two upcoming Avatar comic books.
Team Avatar Tales is going to be released on September 5 and Imbalance Part One arrives on October 10.
Dark Horse Has Previously worked on many avatar projects like
- Avatar: The Last Airbender—The Art of the Animated Series (2010)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender—The Poster Collection (2015)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender—Coloring Book (2016)
- The Legend of Korra—The Art of the Animated Series, Book One: Air (2013)
- The Legend of Korra—The Art of the Animated Series, Book Two: Spirits (2014)
- The Legend of Korra—The Art of the Animated Series, Book Three: Change (2015)
- The Legend of Korra—The Art of the Animated Series, Book Four: Balance (2015)
- The Legend of Korra—Coloring Book (2017)
We are sure to get an adventurous story from them!