If you are looking to jailbreak iOS 14.2 or jailbreak iPadOS 14.2, you have arrived at the right place. We will be using the popular app chekra1n in this guide for jailbreak process. You will need a Mac computer for executing the checkra1n app initially along with the device running iOS 14.2
Jailbreak iOS 14.2
Step 1: First thing first, download the checkra1n jailbreak tool from checkra.in. Don’t forget to download the latest version.
Step 2: After downloading the latest version, extract and install the DMG file in /Applications folder on your Mac.
Step 3: If your Mac doesn’t allow to run the checkra1n app, please follow these steps otherwise move on to step 4:
- Navigate to System Preferences > Security & Privacy
- Select Open Anyway and then Open which will ask you to enter the administrator password.
- You will be able to run the checkra1n app now without any issues.
Step 4: Run the checkra1n app and then connect your device using a lightning cable. After that, click on the start button and then select OK.
Step 5: Once you click on the Next button and follow the instructions, your device will go into the DFU mode. Checkra1n will automatically take over the process once the device is in DFU mode. Your iOS device will reboot a few times during the process so don’t panic when that happens.
Step 6: Unplug your lightning cable when you get a message saying that the process is finished. After that, run checkra1n app on your iOS device and tap Cydia for installation and to complete the process.
Voila! You now have a jailbroken iOS 14.2 or iPadOS 14.2 with Cydia installed.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1
- How To Enter DFU Mode On iPhone 11, Pro or Max
- Best EDC Knife 2021 – Buyer’s Guide
- Honing Oil Ultimate Guide: Substitutes, Toxicity and More
- Your Guide to Winning: The Best PUBG Controllers
- How To Get 60FPS On PUBG Mobile For iOS & Android